- We reviewed each others' 5 of 18 Composition Rules vids
- We discussed compression and when we can use different wide and long focal lengths
- We practiced wide and long focal lengths
- Remember that there are different times for different focal lengths. None are right or wrong, but we need to spend time to recognize how we are using them in different shots.
- Consider how compression works. Take a look at the photos above. Longer lengths draw the background closer and 'flatten' the image, where as wider lengths enhance difference in depth.
- Complete 2 sections of a video (you can combine them), where one 30 sec(ish) video is all wide shots (18mm) and one 30 sec(ish) portion is all longer shots (55+mm).
- Think about when and how you can use both wide and long shots to enhance certain compositional looks.
- For extra amazingness, consider those 18 rules of composition. Super cool to see some of this used!