- We practiced using a shallow depth of field to create a simpler shot, focusing on a portrait or foliage shot, while maintaining a blurred, distant background.
- We also learned about and practiced the art of 'Simplicity' - which is the art of making only one thing in the shot the focus of attention, and reducing anything else so that nothing detracts the viewer's eye from the subject.
- Remember, in a forest, to keep a blurred background, you need some distance between the subject an the background. This takes some seeking.
- Remember, Simplicity is actually very difficult. If ANYTHING detracts from the subject, it may not be detracting from the main point.
- Post your best shot from today to the main MSC Photo Share.
- Work on the art of Simplicity and post 1-2 photos to your TEAM PHOTO SHARE.
Post the following your PORTFOLIO
Your best Shallow Depth of Field photo from this last week's exercises.
- Remember to state what you learned from this and what you were attempting with the photo you are sharing with me.
- Your best Shallow Depth of Field photo from this last week's exercises.