- We discussed the importance of Shutter Speed
- We practiced different shutter speeds with different motion
- We spent time considering how shutter speed affects both motion (blur) and how light changes.
- Remember, shutter speed can help make your subject crisp, but you may not always want that. Artistic photography happens when people manipulate all kinds of different aspects. There is a rhyme and reason for different settings.
- Consider how light changes when you keep the shutter open longer, or shut it quicker. The longer it is open, the more light. So the opposite is true too.
- Work to get at least 5 photos that demonstrate your work with shutter speed (Nikon is the S mode, while Canon is the Tv mode).
- Remember, I am not looking for perfection. I am looking for experimentation and learning. You need to be able to explain what you were trying to do and if you pulled it off, or what you might do different. We will work on getting these in your portfolios on Wednesday.
- DON'T FORGET THE RULE OF THIRDS when you are taking these photos!!