NO CLASS MONDAY - MLK Day!!! - Forgot to mention that Wednesday.
- We discussed contrast and how high and low contrast photos can make a difference in mood
- We practiced, briefly, outside with portraits
- Remember, high contrast is often used with men (emotionally) more than women in portraits.
- However, it is more about the feel/mood of the photo than the subject matter
- Fog can be a powerful tool in mood, softening the picture, but also adding a sense of eeriness.
- Lower contrast photos can bring out the details in the shadows like in the photo above. (plus it is hipster and cool now)
- If available, utilize the fog this week to make interesting and eerie photos.
- Take portraits of people or animals and be ready to bring some to class