- Today we discussed the differences of news writing and opinion/editorial pieces.
- We also discussed the expectations for editorial writing.
- We took a look at examples and we discussed the use of persuasion rather than pure objectivity.
- We also discussed the guidelines for good Op-Ed writing.
- Remember, good Op-Ed writing should be couched in and supported with strong facts. You may and should have an opinion, but you should work to solidify your arguments with more expert information.
- Write an Op-Ed article rough draft on one of the 200 writing prompts (or another if you would like)
- Make sure to follow the rubric
- Your writing should be 400ish words (less than 450 for sure)
- Rough draft due for class on Wednesday.