Hello everyone. I am very sorry that I was so sick on both Thursday and Friday. I got way behind, but we have to keep moving forward. If you cannot complete the homework for some reason (it should be about 2 hours total) before Tuesday, please reach out to me and we and work something out. But do so BEFORE CLASS.
- We discussed the distribution of power between the Federal Government and the states.
- We looked at what the executive, legislative, and judicial branches look like at the different governmental levels: federal, state, borough/county, city.
- We discussed how the legislative branch is the 'people's branch'.
- We will begin to move very quickly the next couple of weeks to get through each of the branches and consider how they work at the different levels of government as well.
- Complete the Government Hierarchy packet (to the best of your ability)
- If you have questions, simply bring them to class on Tuesday
- Complete the Congress Packet (details in Canvas)
- Complete the Crash Course Congressional videos in Canvas
- Bicameral Congress
- Constitutional Compromise
- Congressional Elections
- Congressional Committees
- Congressional Leadership