- We discussed the year anniversary of the Parkland, FL shooting and how public opinion shifts
- We covered issues of special interest involvement in movements
- We took our quiz
- We discussed the proposed budget of Gov. Dunleavy for 2020
- Remember, you ought not be surprised that politicians and others seeking power would try to sway public opinion. This is part of the nature of what they do. They seek to keep and grow power, and in a democracy, that means they need to garner the will of the people. This happens when we propose new budgets and when we talk about things like gun control after a school shooting. You should be ready for it, and be able to approach things with a cool and level head, knowing that others will try to manipulate you to their side, whichever on that is.
- Also remember that great saying and reflect on how important it is in politics, "Never let a good crisis go to waste."
- Complete the following in Canvas
- Crash Course: Public Opinion
- Crash Course: Shaping Public Opinion
- Crash Course: Political Ideology
- The Governor's Budget - Learn It!
- The Governor's Budget - a discussion
- The Green New Deal - a discussion