- We discussed the issues surrounding borders and the ways that borders can change.
- We discussed how agreements must be made to cross borders for different reasons, including legal reasons.
- We discussed what are advantages and disadvantages to being having a monarch (efficiency, etc.)
- We went over classroom policies.
- We took a quiz on PALS and other important terms.
- Remember, as we look at how different governments work, often, this will be a conversation about how much power and authority the government has or shares amongst its different members.
- We will be discussing the following moving forward:
- How does the President (executive) compare and contrast with that of monarchs and other authoritarian rulers?
- What were the fundamental differences between democracy and authoritarian rule historically?
- How did ancient forms of democracy and authoritarian rule influence the formation of modern democracies, etc.?
- Watch my intro to next topics video - click to open
- Complete the following in Canvas
- Presidential Power #1
- Presidential Power #2
- Reply at least 3 times to the War or Conflict Discussion
- Complete your Foundations Basic Packet through Part E (Do not do the last page)