- We reviewed our Material Design practice.
- We created our Portfolios in Google Drive.
- We discussed when and how we can use gradients.
- Remember, Material Design helps us think about how we can use 'real' physics, but we do not replicate it as in skeuomorphism.
- Remember, that older gradients are not used, because they tend to reflect the ideas of skeuomorphism. Newer versions of this are careful not to use darker gradients that make the object feel like it is trying to show some form of fake shadow. A good rule is to use similar colors that are not necessarily darker or less noticeable than the ohter.
- There are other 'good' uses, but it takes time and practice to understand the current trends.
- REMEMBER - trends change. Part of your job is to be part of the trend, but never wholeheartedly adopt everything. Consider and always remember PURPOSE.
- Find a website that uses a gradient overlay and replicate it here. You can use www.awwwards.com to find examples or just use google to find 'websites with gradient overlay'.
- Replicate the header as best you can, using Keynote.