- We discussed what makes a 'good' citizen.
- We discussed Civics in the News
- We considered and discussed the controversy with the NFL and National Anthem.
- We worked through most of our Limiting Government packet.
- Remember that we are working to develop opinions, creating something more complete, which is a position. Positions develop with information and time, so they are constantly developing in the moment.
- We will address difficult and controversial topics. My goal is to challenge your thinking, no matter your position. Please understand I am am not trying to change your mind, I am challenging your thinking so that your positions are more fully considered. I will do this as much as I can with any position. For some of you, this may feel like am disagreeing with you position. The point, however, is never that. The point is to help you move beyond a simple and not thought through opinion, to a developed, researched, and decided upon decision. One (opinion) requires no active thought. The second (a thought out position), requires actual active thought, based on logic, facts, and consideration.
- Thought about this some, but decided to let you guys work to make sure you are all caught up for Thursday. Just make sure all your work is done and you are ready.