- Politicians get paid for their duties. Depending on what they do, they can be paid quite handsomely. We discussed how much is an appropriate amount and reasons why that might or might not be fair.
- We discussed what lobbyists are and what they do.
- We discussed the Revolving Door, where many people in government later go work for companies as lobbyists, using their power and influence to make more money, and vice versa.
- We also discussed the role fo the Electoral College vs a popular vote.
- Remember, no issue is as simple as even we can discuss in class. There are some very good arguments for the Electoral College as well as legitimate lobbying. Your job is to learn more about it so you can have a more reasoned position.
- Complete the "Money in Politics" & "Monetary Policy" discussions in Canvas.