NO CLASS THURSDAY - All classes canceled for Professional Development day.
- We discussed the importance of completing your work to get possible points.
- We discussed the role of Rights of the Minority in terms of Martin Luther King Jr.'s Letter from a Birmingham Jail.
- Remember that the right of the minority is not only about ethnic minority groups. It is really about all people that fall outside of the majority rule on any issue. The founders were keenly concerned about this topic early on, knowing that the majority could easily become an oppressive group.
- This is something we have to keep in mind in our understanding of Civics.
- Due to wanting to explain things more, there will be no homework this week. I will assign homework during class on Tuesday.