- Today we discussed the whether or not our current system is 'broken' as so many say.
- We also watched part of the final Presidential debate on the Second Amendment
- Finally, we were introduced to MLKs Letter from a Birmingham Jail
- Remember, while our system may be imperfect, being made up of people, there are ways to change it and make it better.
- Also remember that the Second Amendment has special significance in the way it is interpreted now and what it was meant for when it was introduced and ratified.
- Finally, consider how we defend the rights of the minorities - not of only ethnic minorities, but any group that finds themselves in the minority on any decision. What rights do they have when the majority is against them?
- Read Letter from a Birmingham Jail
- Take notes in the right hand margin. You should have at least one note that stands out from each paragraph.
- Be ready to discuss this letter in class on Tuesday.