Apologies that this is late in being published.
- We watched a video on Bering's voyage to Alaska.
- We discussed what technology was like at the time and what people knew.
- We discussed the change in what happened after exploration.
- Remember, Bering was well funded. Later, the men who would come to harvest furs would be far less so.
- There wer both good and bad things that happened in expansion (mostly bad), but we should also consider that there were people who would consistently fight for the natives as well.
- Make sure you have all assignments for 1.18 done in Canvas
- Russian America
- Russian Important People
- I wanted to add one piece, but I did not have access to my books, so we will read excerpts tomorrow in class.